[TenTec] Rohde& Schwarz and the IC-7800

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rohde& Schwarz and the IC-7800
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat May 17 22:57:49 2003
Well, appears from the product brochure that the
IC-7800 does NOT use the R&S feed "quasi-
continuous" attenuation to the radio front end.

So,  time will tell what,  if anything,  from R&S is in
the IC-7800.

Pamphlet does outline the use of the four processors:
one for each rcvr;  one for xmit,  and one to run the
controls and display.  The Orion has three: one for
each rcvr, and the Dragonball for xmit (I guess) and
for the display.  Would seem to me,  that the xmit
function would not need a bunch of processor power.

BTW,  still learning how to use my new Orion.  Just
way big bunch of menus,  buttons, and knobs!

73,  Jim  KH7M