[TenTec] Eccentric display?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Eccentric display?
From: wa2pvk@msn.com (WILLIAM MANSEY)
Date: Thu May 22 20:46:56 2003
Hi Larry,
    That was when they made CARS!  I recall those very well.  My all time
favorite came out a bit later.  It is (was) the Dodge Challenger (the same
year model as in the movie "Vanishing Point)  A friend had one of those and
had the engine bored out for street racing.  At 80 Mph I could "get on it"
and burn rubber!  Eat your heart out "KITT"  Doing 150+ mph on the highway
(he was driving at THAT time) was a "bit" scary!
    I got all those "screws" lined up inside the Orion but now it does not
work quite as well.  No matter - it looks much neater inside!  :-)   Just
kidding guys!  Do NOT try this at home!
    To get back even close to being "on topic" - - - I timed my Orion.  Zero
to "ON" took 11 seconds.  Oops! still thinking about cars!  To rephrase:  It
booted up in 11 seconds.  Has the newness worn off yet?  NO WAY!  It is a
great rig and I continue to enjoy it as much as when I first got it out of
the box.  Speaking of that - WHAT am I doing here when I could be over by
the Orion?  What is I thinking?   Good Night & 73, Bill