[TenTec] Triton IV Schematic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Triton IV Schematic
From: wlfuqu00@uky.edu (Bill Fuqua)
Date: Fri May 23 14:13:03 2003
        I am new to the group but very interested in tentec products. And will
be
there for the hamfest in October.

        I hope some one has a copy of a Triton IV (analog dial) schematic out
there.
If possible maybe someone can scan one and email it to me. I got
one (in sad shape) at Dayton and the price of  a new manual without
knowing determining if it is restorable is not the best option for me just now.
The price of a manual is a fair percentage of what I paid for the transceiver.

One thing that impressed me ( the receive works by the way) is that the
receiver power drain is very low compared to modern day transceivers.
Even for the "QRP" ones.

I may modify this one for QRP operation if it is possible to bypass the
final amplifier and still have a couple of watts output.

        The other item I got at the Hamvention was a Collins 51S1 general
coverage
receiver.
It does not have many bells or whistles but is a very fine receiver. It
does have an IF output (500KHz)
that I plan to it put into my TenTec RX320 and use it as an IF processor.
In fact I hope to arrange
all my best boatanchors such that I can use the RX320 as a DSP IF processor
simply by switching
it from one to another. And a to the antenna as well as a spectrum monitor.
To control the RX320 I will simply
use a old DOS based PC ( very cheap) notebook.
        I also will have an antenna distribution amplifier so I can have more
than
one receiver operating at
a time on HF.

73