[TenTec] Pegasus - no ssb output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus - no ssb output
From: w2nra@w2nra.com (Art Searle)
Date: Thu May 29 19:06:55 2003
I wrote:

> This could be pilot error because I never use the radio for ssb.   But I
> tried today and got no output.  CW output is fine. I tried 2 Heil Headset
> mics and 2 Heil pigtails.  Before I open up the radio can anyone think of
> anything really dumb that I might be overlooking.

And many offered help and suggestions.

I thought I'd let you know what the problem was.  I finally got around to
opening up the Pegasus and figured I start with adjusting the mic gain.  I
put a screwdriver to the pot screw and presto, radio fixed.  I didn't turn
the screw mind you.  Just touched it with the screwdriver.  I guess it's
true what they say.  Remember I never used SSB on this radio, so it must be
a case of "use it or loose it."  Anyway, the radio works fine on SSB now.

73,
Art
W2NRA