[TenTec] Why Ethernet?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Why Ethernet?
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 31 19:42:14 2003
Well, if the object is to sell radios and accessories the features should
accomodate the maximum number of potential purchasers. I suspect many hams are
in
my situation.

I would like to connect two rotor controls, one amplifier, two trancievers
(for future expansion), one keyer, one antenna switch, and possibly more
accessories to ports on one computer. Either USB or Firewire will accomplish
that
handily, albeit with an intermediate device between each RS232 enabled device
at
this time.

But I only know one or two hams who would like to remote their station - and
the one who does uses two computers and a remote access program. And Ethernet.

Since there are many who need to hook station accessories to a computer and
few who need to remote their station, it would seem USB or firewire would
benefit the most. And besides, I threw an ad for a 100 foot USB extension in
the
round file in the last week.

The Internet is not the only mail service that delivers great quantities of
SPAM.

73  Pete Allen AC5E