[TenTec] So much for that idea...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] So much for that idea...
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Sun Jun 1 17:39:17 2003
Well, ICOM was at the Breezeshooter's Hamfest.  Exactly one guy (a 9, I
neglected to catch his call).  So much for all the beautiful babes in the
t-shirts at Dayton...

No IC-7800, and no literature available on it either.  Reason?  "It was too
big and heavy for me to carry by myself" and "the specs aren't, well,
printed yet."

And I also asked, "why was it under Plexiglas?"  Because it was a $9k rig...
and they (allegedly) took it back to the hotel each night, and (allegedly)
had a plainclothesed armed security guard near it at all times.

73, ron wn3vaw

"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."
--Ken Olson, President, Digital Equipment Corporation, circa 1977
(attributed)