[TenTec] Some Observations on Orion Stability/Calibration

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Some Observations on Orion Stability/Calibration
From: k6se@juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jun 2 17:47:45 2003
I've adjusted the TCXO in my Orion so that it's much more accurate than
it was initially.

Tec-Tec told me that as time goes by the xtal will age and settle down
after about a year, at which time I may have to adjust it again.

They could make it much easier I they had an access hole in the bottom
cover for the alignment tool, because of the inside cabinet temperature
difference when the cover is off (when you adjust it) and after it warms
up while the cover is on.

Someone mentioned propagation delay being a factor which is true, but
rather insignificant if you can get the warmed-up dial accuracy to within
10Hz at 20.000.000 MHz.

73, de Earl, K6SE