[TenTec] Alignments

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Alignments
From: wa2pvk@msn.com (WILLIAM MANSEY)
Date: Thu Jun 5 14:03:08 2003
Hello George and everyone,
    I used George's method of checking and aligning TCXOs on both my Argonaut V
and Orion.  This method works quite well indeed!  I got both of them pretty
darn close to exactly on frequency.  I am sure that they will both continue
aging but they are good for now.  It sure is easy enough to check!
    I am still suspicious of the lack of wires inside the Orion.  What did I
pay all that money for?  There should be all sorts of wires running around in
there but all that's there is circuit boards and a FEW wires.  There are a
bunch of square metal things with what appear to be screws in them.  The screw
heads are NOT even lined up?  This is terrible.  If anyone else is as
disappointed, with their Orion, as I am - I suppose that I might be able to
take it off your hands for - let's see - - - I guess that 25 cents on the
dollar would be quite fair under the circumstances!  Don't wait too long
because I am not often THIS generous!
    Aside from those "faults" - - - I really DO love the Orion. (and Argonaut
V)  Even without wires it somehow manages to be the best rig I have had the
pleasure of using and/or owning!  Some people, myself included, have compared
waiting for the Orion with being a kid at Christmas.  Anticipating all those
presents is something I will never forget.  One big difference is that many of
those presents were forgotten all too soon BUT that is not the case with the
Orion.  The pleasure goes on and on!  (Still fun to play with the box though!)
 SO - to all those awaiting an Orion (or two) please be patient.  Patience is a
virtue AND you will be "rewarded"!   What a REWARD!!!           73,  Bill

wa2pvk@msn.com

Please visit my home page:
http://mysite.verizon.net/wa2pvk