[TenTec] Politically-correct amplification (was Bias)..VIRUS INATTACHMEN

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Politically-correct amplification (was Bias)..VIRUS INATTACHMENT
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue Jun 10 13:06:29 2003
At 09:45 AM 6/10/03 -0500, holladayfd wrote:
>I got one too from the refklector.
>Frank, K4VMO

Guys there is a virus out there currently that steals the text of a real
message from the infected computer, spoofs a "from:" address using the
address from one message and the ISP of another, and then sends the
message, with the virus as an attachment, to another address from the
infected computer.  If you expand the whole header you will see that the
offending message did not come through contesting.com, even though it
appeared that way from the subject line.

For example, I just got a message claiming to come from I4JMY@comcast.net,
with a virus as attachment.  I recognized the message as one that Mauri
send the Topband reflector two months ago, and of course Comcast hasn't
gotten to Italy yet!

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 9 May 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm