[TenTec] Re: Orion rf gain and inherent noise

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Orion rf gain and inherent noise
From: tongaloa@alltel.net (tongaloa)
Date: Tue Jun 10 19:19:24 2003
Gery-

No schema or code to look at for Orion.
However, I suspect they are dithering the ADC
clock to  reduce quantization noise. With no input,
the dither would appear as noise.

Proof of the radio is in how well it hears relative to others
under the same conditions. Until I can afford Orion or
7800, Buzz Reeves old TR7/R7 combo with Sherwood 7SP
is my 'top of the line' radio. It will be getting ADC and
linrad added soon.

-Bob
ah7i, ah7i/w4