[TenTec] great RX320 review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] great RX320 review
From: wlfuqu00@uky.edu (Bill L. Fuqua)
Date: Wed Jun 11 00:57:53 2003
I do not need an an Argonaut V. I was was interested in a very basic
(primitive)low cost receiver  that would take advantage of the existing
processing capability that most people have. Something better than the cheapest
kits that TT has at the present.
   I teach classes on radio theory and construction. My students learn the
basics of radio and build not only kits but their own projects that they
design. Good VFOs are difficult for beginners. An inexpensive package with  the
local oscillators (PC controlled) mixers and some simple filters are all they
need to bread board a number  of different instruments. And using their home PC
as a low frequency IF processor helps keep it within their budgets.

73
Bill wa4lav