[TenTec] RX-340 and the hp GPS Freq Std.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RX-340 and the hp GPS Freq Std.
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Thu Jun 12 02:12:12 2003
Jim, you can check the ORION's dial accuracy the same way. Set the dial to
10,001.000 LSB and see what DigiPan tells you it reads for 1000 Hz.

If there is an externally accessible adjustment of the master oscillator,
you can tweak that and observe the effect on DigiPan until you get well
within the ballpark.

The PRO2 has a little hole on the right side of the cabinet for accessing
the trimmer cap. Easy to tweak up, though seldom touch it as it stays within
a Hz or two of WWV. The TXCO is spec'd at 0.5 ppm so its stays pretty well
"put!"

I don't know what we did for an audio spectrum analyzer before DigiPan!
<:}

73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR -  the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13QE
"In the 57th year and it just keeps getting better!"
<mailto:w5yr@att.net>