[TenTec] Re: Ten-Tec 2591

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Ten-Tec 2591
From: rragain@att.net (Bob Ragain)
Date: Sat Jun 14 13:59:39 2003
Joe,

Ten-Tec has come out with a replacement battery case for the 2591 that takes 6
alkaline or rechargable batteries.  It's their part number 2990.  This is a
good way to always have a charged battery available.  Cheaper than going to
Batteries Plus for refills, too.

I also have an original 2591, but it is locked up somehow and needs the
u-processor set.  Last time it did this I took it by the factory and they reset
it in a few minutes.  The instructions I have (hold MR and turn off) do not
work, and even include letting the radio sit with no battery overnight.  I have
left it with battery disconnected for days and it still won't reset.

Anyone have a tried method to reset a 2591, that does not involve a hammer?

thanks,

Bob   WB4ETT