[TenTec] TCXO

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TCXO
From: jessystems@cablespeed.com (Pete Juliano)
Date: Sun Jun 15 20:33:31 2003
Wow, for those of you lucky enough to have an Orion and are now measuring drift
from a cold start to about 18 Hz and then settles back to within 1 Hz. Some of
you might remember when a radio drifted only 1 or 2 kHz from cold start and
then 100 Hz (or more) per hour and we thought that was terrific!

My how the times have changed but it is indeed a sign of yet the improved
technology.

Wished I had an Orion so I could say mine only drifts 18 Hz and then settles
back; but I do have a couple of rigs (TT) and they are close but not that good.

73's
Pete W6JFR