[TenTec] Orion TCXO Warm Up Drift

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion TCXO Warm Up Drift
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed Jun 18 18:44:34 2003
Out of curiosity,  I have checked the frequency
of the RX-340 when locked to the external hp GPS rcvr
using the same procedure as that with the Orion.

>From the moment of power on,  and continuing,  the
RX-340 delta reading is 999.9 Hz!

At the same time have checked the Orion again today;
same as the last two days.  After 2 1/2 hours,  the
delta remains 987.8 or so,  still 12 Hz low.

With these two rcvr's tuned to the same frequency
"dial" readings,  my ears cannot hear any
difference in sound,  tone,  etc.  Guess 12 Hz is
"close enough" for my amateur radio use,  hi.

73,  Jim  KH7M