[TenTec] Bias

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Bias
From: N0KHQ@aol.com (N0KHQ@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jun 29 08:40:44 2003
Are you talking about Bias or Power output adjustment?

If you are taking about the power output adjustment, proceed as follows:

With the rig upside down and the front facing you remove the bottom cover, on
the big and only circuit board, center of board and toward the rear, there is
a blue adjustable pot marked Power Adj. The pot adjustment "+" pot is roughly
sitting at the 9:00, 3:00 and 12:00, 6:00 position now. On the blue pot you
will notice, with the use of a magnifying glass, that the pot face has the same
markings as a clock face. Turn the pot adjustment to the 4:00 position while
monitoring the rig output with a watt meter and dummy load and mode in CW. I
turned mine up to 150W, this allows me to control the power output of the rig
from the front of the rig using the Multifunction knob. Which is set at 100w
pep on SSB on my meter.

The finals are rated at 70w each. You may have to purchase the fan kit for
the finals heat sink. The Jupiter protects it self from over heating by
shutting
down the rig if the heat sink gets to hot.

A number of fellas are running their rig at or close to 200w output. Not
Recommended.

By adjusting the output away from the factory settings, naturally, any
factory  warranties would be void.

Visit the TT net tonight at 5pm central time on 7.251.

Hope this helps.

73
John / N0KHQ / St. Louis

Always on 17M
Antennas:
You can build 'em better than you can buy 'em.
Visit www. Hamuniverse.com - then click on Antennas