[TenTec] Product Reviews

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Product Reviews
From: w3uls@3n.net (John Rippey)
Date: Fri Jul 4 19:35:30 2003
I've been waiting for someone to note the horrid results of ARRL Lab tests
in a couple of recent QST reviews, and Al has. The two radios do seem to
specialize in xmitting junk along with their CW and SSB signals.  If either
of them is a low-power rig, the damage is not as bad. If they put out 50+
watts, then we all will har the results.

I  noticed that the little summary boxes that appeared with the QST reviews
of these rigs are couched in positive language in spite of the Lab's
reports. Oh, well . . .

As to the Argonaut V, there's nothing close to it in the low-power arena,
and would be my choice in a heartbeat. But I've got one already.

73,
John, W3ULS