[TenTec] Corsair ON/OFF

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair ON/OFF
From: geraldj@isunet.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Thu Jul 10 00:12:48 2003
The two switches are probably in series. Whatever the power switch is in
the power supply its easier to replace than the switch in the Corsair.
Use the power supply switch and leave the Corsair switch on all the
time. I wired up my Corsair to my sturdy station supply using a relay in
the power cord. That lets the little switch in the Corsair switch the DC
without being fried from PA current, and with a couple diodes, one in
series with the coil and the other in parallel with the coil, its sure
that the relay won't pull in with reversed polarity.

73, Jerry, K0CQ

--
Entire content copyright Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer.
Reproduction by permission only.