[TenTec] Limited space antenna

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Limited space antenna
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Thu Jul 10 23:34:44 2003
Put up a center fed wire, length as your space and height as your supports
permit.  Feed it with a balanced feed system and a decent tuner with an
internal balun.

I don't suggest putting antennas in the attic as it fills the AC lines,
telephone lines and other stuff with RF which will spell trouble.  If
necessary, use the screw-in TV stand-off insulators, run it around or under
the eve of the house.  Better than in the attic.

Mobile whips, placed end to end as a dipole, work but are very narrow banded
and quite lossy.

Have fun.

73
Bob, K4TAX