[TenTec] More Info Balanced Tuners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] More Info Balanced Tuners
From: ve1vq@auracom.com (Dave Marling)
Date: Wed Jul 16 07:27:56 2003
>choke, perpendicular, in back of the rollers. I experimented with the
>choke location and this was were it fit best for my enclosure. There was
>no electrical effect if it was along side or in the rear of the rollers. I
>even considered locating it at a remote location from the tuner.

I determined the separation distance of the two coils on my tuner by using
a grid dipper.  I found the resonant frequency of one coil.  Then brought
the second near until a de-tuning effect was noticed on the gdo
meter.  Moved it (second coil) back and forth while increasing the meter
sensitivity.  Settled on the point where no effect was noticed.  The
distance found agreed with the info in Measures' article.  Not a real
scientific test but "good enough".

Dave
VE1VQ