[TenTec] Argo-V & MixW

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argo-V & MixW
From: n8luv_jm@juno.com (James E McClellan)
Date: Wed Jul 30 11:32:35 2003
Hello,

Same problem here. I have the WinEQF log program working ok with the
Argonaut-V. However, I cannot get the MixW or UA9OSV's  TrueTTY program
to work with it. --- Albeit the Win-EQF is on the RS-232 port and the
other programs are soundcard generated. I might be having problems with
communications between my Dell computer soundboard and the Aux-1 jack on
the back. I am using TenTec's optional #46176 cable. The book states that
there is no need for an interface - the Argo-V is "ready to go" direct
from the Aux-1 jack and this optional cable. --- Hmmmmmm, I must be
missing something - it detects no audio whatsoever! Any suggestions?

Jim --- N8LUV
n8luv_jm@juno.com

I sent Nick an email about enhancing MixW to control the Orion and the
Argonaut V.  I also sent him files related to the PC control of the Orion
and the Argo.  This is what Nick said:

>>>Hello Duffy,

Please try "Jupiter (enhanced PC control) with
Argonaut - V and ORION

The documentation says that Jupiter, ORION and Argonaut have same
commands
for frequency and mode control.

Please let me know the result.<<<

O.K., so I tried it as suggested with the Argonaut V and simply cannot
get it to work.  I have used the same settings that I use with my Jupiter
and MixW is simply unable to control the Argo.  Can anyone else give this
a shot?  Does anyone else have any suggestions as to why it is not
working?  The N4PY software works perfect with the Argo, but cannot get
the same result with MixW.

Anyone up to the challenge?

Regards,

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!