[TenTec] dbm and VU units of audio measurement

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] dbm and VU units of audio measurement
From: farson@shaw.ca (Adam Farson)
Date: Wed Jul 30 14:46:21 2003
Hi Stuart,

Yes, I know what you meant.  It is just that all the years I spent doing
standards and compliance engineering in the telecom industry have made me a
stickler for correct terminology in units of measure.

Per ITU and ISO standards, which have legal and regulatory binding force in
all member countries, "dBm" is more than a mere label - it is the legal
definition of dB with reference to an absolute power level of one milliwatt.

Cheers for now, 73,
Adam VA7OJ/AB4OJ