[TenTec] Paragon vs Paragon 2.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon vs Paragon 2.
From: efeustel@erols.com (Edward A. Feustel)
Date: Wed Aug 13 22:00:43 2003
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:50:24 -1000
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon vs. Paragon II
Message: 8

I am interested to hear from anyone who has had both the Paragon and the
Paragon II. How do they compare. What does the II have that the plain
doesn't?

Thanks,

Ken N6KB

Ken,
I don't have a Paragon, but I do have a Paragon II.

There were a number of fixes and additions.  I understand that FM coverage is
standard
on the II, but not on the I. Further, the ttl interface and command set is
substantially
improved. The II will emulate the IC735 and thus I can control it with
TRX-Manager.
I don't believe that this will work on the I.

I think that Ten Tec fixed a number of problems mentioned in the QST review of
the I.
These can be ameliorated by the use of the Gheil (sp?) chip.

At any rate, I am pleased with my II.
Ed, N5EI