[TenTec] DVR on Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] DVR on Orion
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Thu Aug 14 07:46:24 2003
Is anyone using the DVR on the Orion. I was trying to break a pileup last
night, and I think I may have pushed the SEND 1 button before the previous
send had completed, but twice the Orion lost main audio. All I could hear
was a fairly loud hiss ( it was pretty noticeable with the AF Gain at about
30 %), but the receive audio had definitely gone away. This happened to me
before (when I was trying to record my message) and I discovered that no
amount of playing with the audio setup (changing output paths, etc) would
restore it. Neither did a panic reset. However, I did discover that turning
the Orion off and back on would bring it back.

Also, does anyone know how to adjust the playback level of the recording? It
looks to me like the only adjustment is the mic gain at the time the message
was recorded.

73,
Mark