[TenTec] GPS and Ten Tec Rigs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] GPS and Ten Tec Rigs
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Fri Aug 15 04:00:07 2003
John, I don't know much about TT rigs, but modern rigs using PLL
arrangements, DDS, etc. etc. rely upon a single frequency standard from
which everything else is either derived or slaved to. There are no
independent crystal oscillators involved in determining dial calibration,
accuracy and stability.

I read the various postings on this topic as saying that like many of the
older designs, the Omni VI relies both upon a "master" crystal oscillator as
well as individual crystal oscillators for various BFO functions, etc. That
architecture pretty well dooms any direct and close frequency control by the
"master oscillator" as is done in the newer designs.

73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR -  the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13QE
"In the 57th year and it just keeps getting better!"
<mailto:w5yr@att.net>