[TenTec] 509 PTO how hard to rebuild is it?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 509 PTO how hard to rebuild is it?
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart Rohre)
Date: Tue Aug 19 14:09:04 2003
No sorry I did not mean to be unclear about the PTO.  You have a mechanical
bearing that causes the tuning to be "stiffer" than a capacitor tuned VFO.
The core may not be threaded, but it is a shaft tuned mass that just does
not spin like a weighted dial on a cap, that is all I meant.  Even with new
grease, my Scout for example, requires much more effort to tune the entire
rotation than the new Argonaut V with its optical encoder tuning, or older
radios with capacitor tuning.
-Stuart K5KVH