[TenTec] Re: Version 1.356 available now

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Version 1.356 available now
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed Aug 20 14:57:34 2003
Ok,  I downloaded and installed same.

Now have lost the use of my CW st. key as my
PTT switch.  That was a deliberate change of the
update cycle....why??  I would like it back!  Now,
how to do SSB with no easy PTT button?  My
TT Studio mike is mounted on a boom;  silly
to have to reach up and hold down the button
on the mike.  And my Heil cable between the mike
and the Orion mike input has NO ptt breakout
socket as is on all the other Heil cables,  again,
why not?  And,  there is no PTT socket on the
back panel of the Orion,  other than the one in
the AUX I/O socket which is occupied with my
digital mode interface.

Please bring back the PTT/CW on the KEY input
at the back panel!

Notice now that there are 9162 lines of code in this
most recent firmware update,  vs.  the 8960 in
the previous one.  Also note that the update screen
says that I have DSP version 1.002;  is that the
most recent?

73,  Jim  KH7M