[TenTec] 544 freq display calibration procedure?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 544 freq display calibration procedure?
From: N4NT_Mike.Hyder@charter.net (Mike Hyder --N4NT--)
Date: Thu Aug 21 03:33:06 2003
On page 2-6 of my 544 manual under "General Operating Notes" it tells how to
receive WWV on 15 MHz.
1. Set Band Switch to 21.0 MHz.

2. Rotate main tuning dial so that the frequency readout is 21.000 MHz.

3. Tune the RESONATE control to the image frequency located fully CCW
(between the 3.5 and 7.0 markings).

4. If WWV is not heard, tune around this frequency a bit until it is
received, providing that the band is open.

5. Zero beat the WWV signal.  The digital readout should read 21.0000.  If
it does not, the time base oscillator requires readjustment. (Subsection
III)

To Receive the 10 MHz WWV signal, use the same procedure, but tune to the
image on the 28.0 MHz band.  Frequency readout will be 28.0000 at the point
of WWV reception.  Since 10 MHz cannot be fully peaked with the RESONATE
control, it requires that this control be set FULLY CCW and that a stronger
signal be present at the antenna terminals than the 15 MHz signal.
-------