[TenTec] Spam and Unsoliccited e-mail/virus Countermeasures (WASHello)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Spam and Unsoliccited e-mail/virus Countermeasures (WASHello)
From: "Tom North" <tomnorth@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:12:20 -0500
>From there they deal with the ISP's that are allowing it to go on. These
tools will vary from service to service, including providing various
software solutions for the subscriber's use. I can highly recommend this
approach, as problem e-mail here is now on the order of 1 piece every 3-4
days, and no indication that whatever blocking that may be taking place is
affecting normal communications with the folks that I want and expect to be
in contact with. For a good read regarding this, pick up the August copy of
MIT's Technology Review, containing the 'Spam Wars' article. The preceding,
and dilligence with AV protection, should help.
GL & 73,
Tom  N5OZQ

> ------------------------------
> Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:39:31 -0500
> From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hello
> Message: 14
>
> Yep, there's a couple of new bugs that seem to be creating havoc.  Not
> actually doing damage to computers or data but just creating large
> quantities of junk e-mails.  They seem to just load down the data
forwarding
> systems.
>
> Be sure your virus definitions are updated at least 1 time per week.
Also,