Re: [TenTec] SB220 and Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SB220 and Omni VI
From: "Mike Hyder --N4NT--" <N4NT_Mike.Hyder@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:11:58 -0400
I use the SB220 with various Ten-Tecs.  Here is my experience:

I set the drop-out delay in the rigs to the longest hold time.  Then I just
key the rig and operate normally.  While the amplifier is in transmit mode,
the received signal levels are lower BUT so is the noise.  This makes for
very comfortable listening and gives plenty of received signal for QSK.

My SB220 has all the Harbach mods.  Money well spent.

73, Mike N4NT