[TenTec] X2404P Serial Eeprom in Omni V

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] X2404P Serial Eeprom in Omni V
From: Anthony Bowyer <adb1x1@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 07:15:10 -0700 (PDT)
  Anyone needing to replace the X2404P Serial EEPROM
in and Omni V might be interested to know that a 24C04
works fine. I had to replace the MAX-232 RS-232 IC
because of static discharge damage (I think, either
way the RS-232 IC in both the PC and the Serial port
on the Omni were damaged.) Anyway, while I had the
logic board out, I thought I'd go ahead and replace
the eeprom, since it was getting some age on it.

The EEPROM is Mouser, Part # 511-M24C04-BN6.

I also installed a low profile gold plated socket for
it that had enough clearance underneath to allow
soldering to the two top traces.
It's Mouser, Part # 575-113308

You have to clear all the memories after intalling the
new eeprom (with the rig off, press and hold CLR/CLK,
turn rig on. Then release CLR/CLK.)

Hope this is helpful.

Anthony

=====