[TenTec] Re: PTO - mechanical problem. help!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: PTO - mechanical problem. help!
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:07:45 -0700 (PDT)
One point of clarification, I wrote:

>> Either that, or the PTO box is not square and in
good alignment, and at the front of the box where
there
should be 3 bearings pressing in the race, there are
only two and that's allowing the entire shaft to
vibrate a little.

What I meant was, that the 3 bearings are present of
course, but that if the worm shaft is not at the
proper perpendicular angle to the race mount, only two
of the bearings may be supporting the shaft. That
would leave the shaft only partially supported and
prone to vibration. I've had a couple great comments
on failure modes of the PTO mechanics - please keep
them coming!

Thanks es 73,
Don Rasmussen
Carlsbad, Ca.