Re: [TenTec] Full mailbox Titan and Paragon

To: "dave dabay" <kd3pc@mindspring.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Full mailbox Titan and Paragon
From: "Stan Jacox" <KM6XZ@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 09:15:12 -0700
Hi Dave
I would not recommend the CX-7 for anyone except a collector or tech who is
familiar with these radios.  They were as high-tech as any radio made until
the late 80s with built in power supply delivering many different voltages
to the low voltage analog sections, the digital sections and the high
voltage.  To get 200 watts out, they used a direct heat sink cooled 8259
exterior anode tube although the rest of the circuit is solid state and
digital.
I had the perfect rig fro you until last week, a Swan 500C that ran 360
watts out and had wonderful receive and transmit audio, still one of my
favorite rigs for operating.  It went on Ebay for $150. I had all the
station accessories, VOX, PS, Speaker, remote VFO and Amplifier.
Thanks for the inquiry
Stan
KM6XZ