Re: [TenTec] Was Anyone Able To Do Business With KM6XZ?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Was Anyone Able To Do Business With KM6XZ?
From: Hobbes <hobbestg@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 12:59:11 -0400
Stan Jacox wrote:

> Ed
> I have responded in a timely manner to the only two messages I got from you.
> The morning of 9/1/2003 you did not offer to buy the two units, but you did
> ask me for a deal, but offered no price.
> Within minutes I responded asking whether a discounted price for the two was
> good for you.
> I hear nothing in return.
> I received several offers in the meantime from people who seemed sincere and
> I accepted the first one who agreed to my fair price.
> Finally 6 hours later in the afternoon you wrote to say since I offered a
> price, you assumed we had a consummated deal. In the mean time.
> I write back within minutes reporting that since I did not hear back from
> you and you never mentioned a price or an offer, that you probably had other
> plans.  Did I not tell you that the KWM-2 and 312B-4 were sold within
> minutes of your delayed response?
> That was the last contact with you until you posted this crazy letter.
>
> I have a few questions.
> One, why do you word your questions and statements( highly inaccurate
> statements, remember I have date and time stamps to show the details and
> timing of the emails) as if I am dishonest or a pirate?
> Why did you not offer a counter price if my asking price was not of interest
> to you?
> Why did you not respond to my offer to lower the price if you took both
> right away?
>
> The people I sold the equipment to were all reasonable and sincere people,
> one picked up his new Titan tonight after a too-many-hour-but fascinating
> conversation..
> Your accusatorial tone is unfair and very unreasonable, do you treat all
> others this way?
>
> Stan Jacox
> KM6XZ....and yes I am in the callbook and have been since 1959.

Stan,

Part of your answer is correct and parts of it are not.  Yes, you are
correct in saying that you gave me a price on the Titan and 312B-4.  I
responded back via e-mail that I accepted your price for the both units,
and made an inquiry as to the amount for shipping.  In that same e-mail
I also asked for your current address and phone number in case I had any
other questions about the two units.

Until I received this e-mail from you, to which I am responding, I heard
nothing despite the fact that I sent you 3 additional e-mails.

I guess that I can chalk this entire scenario up to my reliance on
e-mails. However, I find it to be more than coincidental that you
somehow received the particular e-mail where I wondered if anyone else
had difficulty in getting in touch with you, but you never received any
of the others I sent to you.

Hope this clears up the issue.  73             Ed   K2ZE