Re: [TenTec] SGC's ADSP2 board on a TT Omni VI+

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SGC's ADSP2 board on a TT Omni VI+
From: DennisKT5D@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:59:52 EDT
  I have the high power ADSP2 unit connected to an OMNI 6+. Yes, there is a
definite improvement in the removal of hash and static crashes, a remarkable
improvement. It is better than the built in NR of the OMNI 6+ (which on my rig
tends to pump the agc some and can get rather annoying with signals going up
and down rapidly). There is however, a slight trade-off; cw notes get that
digital buzz of an edge to it. Nothing really objectional but it is obvious. I
use
the ADSP2 to reduce listening fatique when that frying pan noise just gets too
much to bear.