[TenTec] Possible source of excess 75 meter noise on Corsair II.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Possible source of excess 75 meter noise on Corsair II.
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer" <geraldj@isunet.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:37:11 -0500
A day or back someone here complained about the large 75 meter noise
level. While looking through my Tentec directory after loading the
filter manuals, I noticed a mod from WA6NCX to cut down on the noise.
Seems some is coming from BC stations overdriving the receiver
protection transistor which is on the antenna side of the receiver high
pass BCB reject filter. (My manual says that's optional).

Checking the internet, I found that posted two places:

http://www.albany.net/~bg/Mods/CorsairBCB.htm
http://lists.contesting.com/_tentec/2000-August/016835.html

Seems worth checking into.

73, Jerry, K0CQ
--
Entire content copyright Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer.
Reproduction by permission only.