[TenTec] Re: Centurion / Mike-N4NT

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Centurion / Mike-N4NT
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:16:44 EDT
Hi Mike, I would recommend the Centurion as a good workhorse amp, My ego just
needed stroking, so I bought the Titan 425 gold #49 since I figured it was as
late a model as I could get (1997). There are a few things about the Titan
425 that people need to be aware of, The blower fan and plate current meter are
no longer available according to Garry at TT. Also, 3CX800's are selling new
for $450-475 each if you need to replace them. However, with some shopping
around, I'm sure you can find
good medical pulls or even new medical overstock for about 1/2 price. I just
wanted
a legal limit + amp so I had some extra headroom. And the Rf Deck matches my
6+ better physically. Otherwise, I would have kept the Centurion, as all
parts are
still available, and it's built like a tank. Mine worked great, but I
couldn't afford both.
It's on it's way to 5 land and another happy TT home.  73.