RE: [TenTec] MixW & Omni VI

To: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] MixW & Omni VI
From: "John Clifford" <johnclif@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:07:18 -0700
I'm currently using 2.08 and my align macros work fine.

For whatever reason it sounds like the ALIGN macro on your setup is not
sending frequency information to your Omni VI.  Have you tried sending the
CATCMD for switching in a narrow filter after the ALIGN command?  Maybe
something is 'hanging up' and you need to send an additional command after
ALIGN to get your Omni to 'move'.  Perhaps there needs to be some sort of
'delay' because your Omni is 'missing' the frequency command.

Re serial port... I have found that for every mode except CW, using the OnTX
and OnRX macros that I previously listed works FB.  I currently have an
RS-232 A-B switch that I use to switch from 'CAT' mode to 'DTR xmit' mode
(where CAT commands no longer work).  On my list of to-do's is to make a
short serial cable that brings out DTR/RTS to an RCA jack, so that this
could be put inline with the RS-232 cable to my interface and then I won't
need the A-B switch.  The only difference I can see is that you're using two
serial ports... try your macros again only using one serial port for
commands and use the macros for TX/RX and see what happens.

 - jgc

John Clifford KD7KGX

Heathkit HW-9 WARC/HFT-9/HM-9
Elecraft K2 #1678 /KSB2/KIO2/KBT2/KAT2/KNB2/KAF2/KPA100
Ten-Tec Omni VI/Opt1
Alinco DR-605TQ
Icom T90A

email: kd7kgx@arrl.net