Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 problem
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:01:25 -1000
Marcel Jorba wrote:

I have a problem with the linear.

I have plugged the transfomer into the power supply.

As soon as I connect the power supply to the power
line, my house fuses go off (on/off switch on the RF
desk is off).

If I connect the power supply to the power line
without connecting it to the RF desk, nothing happens
but no activity detected.

Marcel,

I hesitate to give any advice about a high voltage power supply, because of the lethal voltages. You could easily be killed if you do not take the proper precautions. Having said that, please be very careful. If you open up either the power supply or the RF deck, make sure that the capacitors are discharged before touching anything. When the power supply control cable is not connected to the RF deck, the primary power relay will not energize, so the power supply does not really get turned on. So you have not really tested very much of the system by doing this. I suggest that you very carefully check that the transformer is wired correctly to the power supply, and that the HV shorting interlocks are being held open when the cabinet is put back on. Do not open the cabinet with the power cord plugged in, and do not plug the power cord in with the cabinet cover off.

Ken N6KB