[TenTec] 580 Delta Opinion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 580 Delta Opinion
From: "Tom North" <tomnorth@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:22:40 -0500
If I were looking for a rig in that era that had full WARC capabilities, I
think that I'd save my change for a Corsair or later. If one can do without
WARC, mainly 17M, my choice is the Omni D/B. I say this having owned two
580's and having gone back to an Omni that has been enabled for 30 & 12. The
Delta does some things very nicely, others not so, such as the readout
innaccuracy, and the lack of a good RF gain control (the switch on the back
didn't cut it here.) In addition, I see the rig as much more substantial in
construction, and just plain more pleaseant to use, both in receive & xmit.

73,
Tom  N5OZQ