[TenTec] Orion Owners...try this

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Owners...try this
From: "J. Crit Harley, MD, C.Ht." <jcharley@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 06:59:22 -0400
Orion Owners.try this (please).

1.      Set Mode to LCW
2.      Set the Rx to VFO A and Set the Tx to VFO B  (as if operating split)
3.      Press the A>B key to equalize the frequency
4.      Turn OFF the volume to SubRx
5.      Leave the BW open to 1000 Hz.
6.      Toggle the TUNE button to key the TX (do not use key and be sure
freq is clear)
7.      Now, according to my audio-spectrum display via MixW I lose the
audio above 600 Hz.  It certainly snds different to my ears.
8.      Pressing the A>B button recovers the lost audio spectrum.

Does this happen on your Orion?  I have the latest firmware.  If I reverse
the split it does not happen.  It is not due to high SWR becuz it happens
after I have already tuned the antenna but use the TUNE button again.  I
don't think this affects the SubRx audio output range.  I just got this
Orion and am still learning how to operate it.

Tnx for any help, suggestions or comments.

73/Crit/K4BXN