[TenTec] fs: TenTec 21 Digital, needs TLC! With Pictures!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] fs: TenTec 21 Digital, needs TLC! With Pictures!
From: RLucch2098@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:38:21 EDT
Hi All;
Well I got the "green bananna" at a hamfest:-)
I wanted this Century 21 Digital because I know there are not many around.
The seller told me that it was not used in years & the AC plug was stepped on
& pulled off by accident, right!
Well I laid out $80 for it only to find out it needs more then I am capable
so maybe someone here can save it from the "bone Yard".
Here is the story:
1)-Panel has a few finger rub marks thru paint around a few knobs.
2)-Need ac plug.
3)-will need new on/off/volume control, I wired the switch wires together so
I cud at least turn it on.
4)-output is only a few watts on 80 & 40, nothing on others(?).
5)- Speaker needs replacing, a replacement 2+" speaker supplied(I had a new
one laying around)
Good Items>>
1)- receiver seems to work, stations heard, switches, etc. will need
cleaning.
2)- cover in vg to exc. condx. a few minor chips in vinyl covering.
3) correct tilt-up bails!
4) meter working.
5)- Digital display & tuning seem fine!
6)- Filters ok.
7)- switches & Buttons other then listed seem ok.
I suspect that someone who is familar with these should make short work of
these repairs but I am not a tech & no manual. I'd rather pass it along before
make it worst:-)
Just trying to get my $80 bacK(+shipping)
Pics>>
http://www.myradioroom.com/century21-1.jpg
http://www.myradioroom.com/century21-2.jpg
Tnx & 73...Rich WA2RQY