Re: [TenTec] Timewave 59+ with Omni 6+

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Timewave 59+ with Omni 6+
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 16:24:51 -0500
I have a Timewave DSP 9+.  It works great but not as good as the DSP in the
Omni VI+.  I use it on my Paragon which does not have auto null or NR
functions.

I suggest that you put the  Tentec 1.8 KHz filters in both the 9 MHz and 6.3
MHz IFs of the Omni VI+.  That's the best combination.  If the crud gets
past both of those then one can presume it is splatter from the adjacent
station and thus "on frequency".  In that condition, nothing helps.

One thing most operators fail to do is use the Attenuator on the front end
especially on 75 M and 40 M  .........AND turn the RF gain down.  Adjust the
RF gain so the non-signal condition shows only S-2 to S-3 on the S meter.
It will not affect the "on channel" signal.  If the S meter is showing S-8
or more, the dynamic range is seriously reduced by AGC action.

73
Bob, K4TAX