[TenTec] Orion--Centering the 500 and 250 Hz Filters

To: "Ten-Tec @ Contesting. Com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion--Centering the 500 and 250 Hz Filters
From: "Ken & Linda Burrough" <w8keb@1st.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:46:57 -0400
Hi Again

Today I found a easy way to get an S-7 carrier to use for centering the 500 and
250 Hz Roofing filters.  I used my T-Kit 1340 into the dummy load.  I then put
the Orion on the GAP Titan Vertical which is 127 feet from the Radio Room.
Make sure your CW Off Set is at the proper frequency, mine is set at 600 Hz.
Using the Menu, turn on the appropriate filter on then use the Multi Control to
peak the signal.  My filters are set at -80 Hz for the 500 Hz filter and -10 Hz
for the 250 Hz filter.

This worked for me, I read this How Too in Scott's OPTIMAL USES OF THE ORION
565 RECEIVER  on the Ten-Tec WebPages.  I only added my T-Kit 1340 and dummy
load.

Day Two with the Orion.

Ken/w8keb
Flushing, Ohio