RE: [TenTec] MixW and Jupiter to send CW, but not as SSB

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] MixW and Jupiter to send CW, but not as SSB
From: "John Clifford" <johnclif@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:57:26 -0700
You need to use a serial-to-PTT interface, as found in most soundcard
interfaces or in the ARRL Handbook.  That way, the software can assert
DTR/RTS and trigger your PTT circuit.

I have used MixW with a BuxComm RASCAL interface and also with a RigBlaster
NOMIC interface, to send QSK CW with my rig in CW mode.  Works great.

 - jgc

John Clifford KD7KGX

Heathkit HW-9 WARC/HFT-9/HM-9
Elecraft K2 #1678 /KSB2/KIO2/KBT2/KAT2/KNB2/KAF2/KPA100
Ten-Tec Omni VI/Opt1
Alinco DR-605TQ
Icom T90A

email: kd7kgx@arrl.net