[TenTec] Re: why no Orions heard

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: why no Orions heard
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:18:32 +0000
Thanks everyone for your responses. They can be broken down into 3 brief summaries:
I got an Orion because:

1.  It's a Ten Tec.
2.  Great rx.
3.  I want to have the latest technology.

I tried to work one at the TT hamfest for about 30 minutes but without the manual and under hamfest tent conditions I couldn't really evaluate it very well but I think the rx audio sounded pretty good as near as I could tell. The one I had was on 40 m. phone and I heard a couple of guys I know and I wanted to call them but this other guy and I could never make it transmit. We tried for the 30 minutes we were there before giving up without ever getting it to tx. I wish TT had manuals out or had guys who knew how to operate it at each position to help us. Don't ask me what we tried, because I don't remember the details now. Anyway, thanks for helping me understand the attraction of the new rig.

73,

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ