RE: [TenTec] MAJOR dead Orion problem with update

To: "'Jeffrey Griffin'" <kb2m@arrl.net>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] MAJOR dead Orion problem with update
From: "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:05:34 -0500
Jeff,

I did the same thing 2 days before the hamfest.  The pointers are different
and when you restore the user settings, it makes a BIG mess.  Now Gary has
the ram erase function in 1.363.  I think I had problem with 1.361.  Turn
off the radio.  Hold in the lock button next to the VFOB and power it up.
It will tell you that you have a battery failure, but then load everything
OK.  I hope you get this message before you ship off your radio.

73,
John