Re: [TenTec] Sale

To: "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>,"rr1632" <rr1632@dragonbbs.com>, <k4aal@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sale
From: "George, W5YR" <w5yr@att.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:22:47 -0500
Perhaps it will help if we all keep in mind that in setting the 30-day
return policy, Ten Tec management anticipated a certain percentage of
returns and adjusted the sale price to accommodate that expense. This is
universally done in any business where a product is eligible for return and
no re-stocking charge is made.

On the whole, the person who eventually receives the ORION in question would
have gotten a much better deal from Ten Tec in terms of warranty and other
support had the unit been returned according to the Ten Tec plan.

By not returning the radio and instead selling it privately, the original
owner is losing money, Ten Tec is losing an opportunity to resell the item
perhaps with additional accessories and the new owner is without any
warranty coverage.

The fact that the radio has not sold in about a month now points to the fact
that most potential buyers are looking to Ten Tec first for a used ORION for
the reasons stated above.

It is always unfortunate when misplaced good intentions benefit no one.

73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR -  the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13QE
"Starting the 58th year and it just keeps getting better!"
w5yr@att.net