[TenTec] It's All Your Fault!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] It's All Your Fault!
From: William Evans <bevans@starband.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:19:07 -0400
Well, this reflector has done it. After years of loving my Omni D (and recently purchasing a 2nd one) I finally am no longer satisfied with it. Oh, it's still as good as it ever was, but with all this talk of the ORION and how superior it is on receive, I have finally decided to work my way up to a better rig. I have just purchased a Corsair and now I will be able to operate on the WARC bands. But I must sell one of my Omni Ds to help pay for the Corsair. If the Corsair works well, I'll probably work my way up to a Jupiter... and then an ORION in a couple of years. But on a fixed income, it will not be easy. All because I'm listening to the advice of everyone on this reflector! It's all your fault!...

Meanwhile, I do have a 546 for Sale ... works extremely well, the heat sink on the back has a couple of scratches, doesn't have the tilt/bail (Didn't like it's fixed angle and took it off years ago and can not find it now!), non-smoking environment. The rig is very clean. The power supply has scratches on the top and back and has been modified in that it has two binding posts on the back to connect the cable. (Also makes a great bench power supply!) $275 for the rig, $75 for the PS If purchased as a unit, I will add a Heathkit desk stand microphone and noise blanker for $25 more and will pay for shipping (US mainland only) ... And all because of the talk on this reflector...!

W4ISH
Bill