Re: [TenTec] rohn 25

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] rohn 25
From: "Roger Borowski" <K9RB@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:52:08 -0400
Each section requires (3) ea. of 5/16" Dai x 1 3/4" L. bolts, lockwashers
and nuts and (3) ea. of 1/4" Dai x  1 3/4" L. bolts, lockwashers and nuts.
One set of each size per leg.
Rohn uses fine thread galvanized hardware. I've used standard course thread
Stainless Steel bolts nuts and lockwashers with a coating of never-seize and
they stay looking like new forever and are reusable in the future, as well
as being stronger than the grade 5 galvanized factory steel bolts that
eventually rust up and break upon most attempts at disassembly after just a
few years. Stainless Steel hardware is worth the extra cost but be cautious
to never attempt to assemble them dry as they will surely gall and seize.
Stainless Steel hardware MUST be lubricated with some sort of anti-seize
prior to assembly.
73, -=Rog-K9RB=-